National Council On Crime & Delinquency Launches New Website
The National Council on Crime and Delinquency (NCCD) launched its new website last month at nccdglobal.org. The site features the new report “Prison Bed Profiteers: How Corporations Are Reshaping Criminal Justice in the U.S.” which details how private prison corporations are derailing public safety and long-term, sustainable criminal justice reform.
NCCD President Alex Busansky sees NCCD’s new website as a key way for audiences to understand the breadth of NCCD’s vision and action toward social justice. “For 107 years NCCD has advocated for fair and equitable justice systems through research, and our new report is part of that proud tradition. Our new website also makes it easier for constituents to learn about and access NCCD’s expertise and publications in child welfare, juvenile justice, criminal justice, analytics, education, adult protection, and more.”
NCCD promotes just and equitable social systems for individuals, families, and communities through research, public policy, and practice. Current major projects include the National PREA Resource Center, the Attorney General’s Defending Childhood Task Force, and the National Girls Institute, as well as studying outcomes for LGBT youth in foster care and the juvenile justice system and examining the reliability and validity of several juvenile justice risk and needs assessments in use across the country.
Outstanding features of the new website include:
- An easy-to-access multimedia publications library;
- Comprehensive info on current and past research;
- A frequently updated blog with informed opinions on the issues that matter;
- Online sign-up for their bi-monthly newsletter and info on upcoming events;
- Helpful info on SafeMeasures®, Structured Decision Making®, JAIS™, and CAIS™;
- Descriptions of the training and technical assistance NCCD offers;
- Dedicated pages for NCCD’s Children’s Research Center and Center for Girls and Young Women;
- Links to NCCD’s national projects, including the National Girls Institute, the PREA Resource Center, and the Defending Childhood Task Force;
- Current employment opportunities and info about our internship program;
- An online submission form for NCCD’s media awards program;
- A quick and simple donation button to make it easy to support NCCD’s work.
- For more information about NCCD, please visit www.nccdglobal.org today.